About the BHI Technical Committee
Our goal is to translate current biomedical research into Preventative, Patient-Centric, Participatory, and Personalized medicine. This includes taking research from the acquisition phase with hardware to data processing all the way to delivery of results back to patients and doctors.
The IEEE Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics (BHI) 2018 and the IEEE Conference on Body Sensor Networks (BSN) 2018, two premier flagship venues in the area of mHealth, health analytics and wearable computers, will be co-located this year along with the Health Information Management Systems Society Annual Conference (HIMSS) 2018. Our joint event will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 4-7 March 2018.
Keynote Speakers Include:
- Rick Cnossen, MS, Intel
- John Glaser, PhD, Cerner
- Bryce Olson, Intel
- Sylvia Plevritis, PhD, Stanford University
- Majid Sarrafzadeh, PhD, UCLA
- Adam Seiver, MD, PhD, MBA, FACS, FCCM, Philips
- Chris Van Hoof, PhD, KU Leuven
- Guang-Zhong Yang, PhD, Imperial College London
Find more information at our conference site.
The HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition brings together 40,000+ health IT professionals, clinicians, executives and vendors from around the world. Exceptional education, world-class speakers, cutting-edge health IT products and powerful networking are hallmarks of this industry-leading conference.
Keynote Speakers Include:
- Eric Schmidt, Alphabet Inc. (Parent company of Google)
- David Shulkin, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Vice Admiral Raquel C. Bono, Defense Health Agency
- Keller Rinaudo, Zipline
- Earvin “Magic” Johnshon, Jr.,Role Model, Sports Legend and Entrepreneur
IEEE EMB is proud to be an official Collaborator of HIMSS18. As such, our members receive the member discount to attend! To receive the discount, go to the conference website and select “Register Now”. Select IEEE EMB from the “Conference Collaborating Organizations” drop down in the registration process, and enter the code H18PARTNER”
Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (JBHI)
IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (J-BHI) publishes original papers describing recent advances in the field of biomedical and health informatics where information and communication technologies intersect with health, healthcare, life sciences and biomedicine. Papers must contain original content in theoretical analysis, methods, technical development, and/or novel clinical applications of information systems.
Retitled from the IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine (T-ITB) in 2013, the J-BHI is one of the leading journals in computer science and information systems with a strong interdisciplinary focus and biomedical and health application emphasis. Topics covered by J-BHI include, but are not limited to: acquisition, transmission, storage, retrieval, management, processing and analysis of biomedical and health information; applications of information and communication technologies to the practice of healthcare, personal well-being, preventive care and early diagnosis of diseases, and discovery of new therapies and patient specific treatment protocols; and integration of electronic medical and health records, methods of longitudinal data analysis, data mining and knowledge discovery tools.
For More Information:
- Visit the JBHI Website
- Current Calls for Papers and Upcoming Special Issues
- Call for Papers – Small Things and Big Data: Controversies and Challenges in Digital Healthcare (Deadline 28 Feb. 2018)
- Call for Papers – Machine Learning in Medical Imaging (Deadline 15 March 2018)
- Call for Papers – AI-Enabled Connected Health Informatics (Deadline 30 April 2018)
- Call for Papers – Interactive Virtual Environments for Neuroscience (Deadline 30 May 2018)
- JBHI Editorial Board
- Instructions for Authors
- JBHI on IEEE Xplore